-high school basketball state finals here in P-town, and with two more wins my own high school team will advance to the state finals with a record of 32-0! Go Bago!
-St. Mary Magdalene's relics coming to our church
-live Stations performed by our junior high kids (love taking our kids to this; you should come!)
-St. Patrick's Day
|Easter 2012 - my cute boys!|
2) From Lauds today:
Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will proclaim your praise;
for you do not delight in sacrifices:
if I offered you a burnt offering, it would not please you.
The true sacrifice is a broken spirit:
a contrite and humble heart, O God, you will not refuse.
3) I feel like I'm getting asked at least twice a week why Lucas is not going to preschool this fall. So far I have been able to reason my way out of it - he is smart, getting plenty of socialization, goes to music class and other activities, we want a flexible schedule for one more year, it costs a lot of money... - but seriously, stop asking. My answers aren't going to change.
4) Prayers this week: In thanksgiving for our aunt's successful open heart surgery, which was very involved and had great risks, and continued prayers for her recovery and overall health. For my cousin as she is married tomorrow, especially for her grandma to be released from the hospital to attend the wedding. For my brother who is on a trip to central America with his MBA program. For all troubled marriages. In thanksgiving for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. For the conclave and for our next pope!
5) We prayed a whole rosary the morning of the open heart surgery. Lucas and Tyler each had a rosary to hold and some books to look at that had pictures of the mysteries. They moved around the room a bit but overall did pretty well. On the final 53rd Hail Mary, Lucas asked, "Are we gonna be done soon?" Yes, sir. :)
6) Snow pics, because even though it's March, at least we finally have some snow! We've been outside a lot in the past week. Thank you, Lord, for finally sending some white stuff!
7) I'm up pretty early, don't you think? It's 6:30AM, and I'm already finishing up this post. I'm giving that whole getting up before the kids thing a try. We'll see how long I last.
Head on over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes, and have a great weekend!