Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Beginning

Today is the beginning of this blog, Help Them to Heaven. That, I believe, is the primary duty of my vocation as a wife and mother: to help my husband and our children on their journey to heaven. I'll be blogging about marriage, motherhood, and homemaking through the lens of my Catholic faith. These are the things that make me who I am - a daughter of God living out my vocation with love and joy, helping my husband, our children, and each person God has placed in my life, on their journeys to heaven. I hope you'll find this space warm and welcoming, and I hope together we can draw nearer to Christ through sharing the trials and triumphs of our beautiful vocation.

As I said, I'll be blogging about marriage, motherhood, and homemaking through the lens of my Catholif faith. I will probably even throw in a few recipes, crafts, and book reviews, but it will mostly be about my life as a Catholic wife and mother. At first it might seem my posts are a bit unrelated, a bit too far flung from each other, to be one cohesive blog. But in time, my hope is that this blog will be a place that encompasses the whole of our vocation as Catholic wives and mothers.

This is what I believe that vocation entails. We are caretakers, nurturing people and relationships. We are homemakers, providing for the physical needs of our families. And we are soulshapers, bringing our husbands and children closer to Christ through a strong spiritual life of our own and with our families. Through each aspect of our vocation, we have the ability and opportunity to bring glory to God and to bring souls to Him.
I'm beginning this blog on August 22nd, my birthday, and the Feast of the Queenship of Mary. This blog is dedicated to Our Blessed Mother, Mary, Queen of Heaven, and to Saint Monica, my patron saint and the patron saint of all wives and mothers, whose own feast comes in five days on August 27th.

Mary, Queen of Heaven, pray for us! Saint Monica, pray for us!

2 comments:

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

I am very excited to follow your new journey! I think all these topics are very much related and I look forward to learning from you! I believe it is our job to help them to heaven and I could use as much support as I can find to carry out this task!

I have a couple of suggestions! Take them with a grain of salt. One, don't quit blogging on your old site! I have a blog that I've been writing on since 2006. It holds my life story from life pre-marriage, early married life, and life with my kids. It's my journal. Not many people know about it and I like it that way. Just a thought so you don't stop writing about your family!

Secondly, would you be interested in joining #cathsorority? It is a group of like minded ladies that support each other via blogging, Facebook, and Twitter. If you'd like to join the FB page, let me know and I will add you.

If not, at least check out the #cathsorority news feed. I think you have a lot to offer these ladies via your blog!

http://www.thenerdywife.com/p/what-is-cathsorority.html

Marie said...

Thanks for your feedback, Leanne. I don't want to stop blogging about my family, and I think of some of it will show up here and the rest of it will be private. It already doesn't feel fair that the 1 year old has far less recorded about his life than the 3 year old did at this time! So no, I won't stop.

I will take a look at #cathsorority. It sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment